We know you probably haven’t spent your life in a paint-splattered smock. But we aren’t doling out grades for Best Artist. We’re helping people find ways to live larger, and sometimes, to heal. We know creativity comes in many packages, so we provide abundant opportunities for you to unwrap yours. Go ahead, look inside. You may discover interests and talents you never knew you had.
Willamette View offers endless options for creative expression and for defining yourself in new ways.
Particularly in our artworks program which features a drop-in, staffed, community art studio for beginners and accomplished artists alike. Artworks publishes a monthly calendar and newsletter highlighting current and special events. Offerings include:
- Ceramics, fused glass, fiber arts, drawing, painting, mono-printing, collage, bookmaking, jewelry and much more
- Improv classes, writing groups, poetry readings and artist talks and lectures
- On-site demonstrations and workshops led by residents, staff and guest artists
- Organized trips to galleries, off-site classes, art fairs and more
- Intergenerational opportunities
- Family and friends are also invited to participate in programming with residents
- Confidential counseling and art therapy from licensed, Master's level staff